Tuesday, November 4, 2008

NOW



Everyone knows that I am all about women's rights. I am very proud to call myself a feminist. Not a crazy, bra burning, scene making feminist...but a woman who desires to have the same rights as any man. I have learned in my many years of being a single working mother going to school that it is so important for women to be treated fairly, because that is not always the case. I am a member of an organization called NOW (National Organization fro Women). They have written a response to the election tonight that summarizes the way that I feel. I hope that everyone reads it just so you can understand where I am coming from. Being a feminist is something that everyone should be, just because the rights of every person should be respected and demanded.

http://www.now.org/press/11-08/11-04.html

1 comment:

Dickey Family said...

Hey Lynds, couldn't get it to come up!